Monday, May 4, 2015

Ad of the Day: Minute Maid Shows What Children Really Think of Their Parents

via Ad Week

Most parents underestimate their parenting skills, at least compared to how their kids view them. That's the premise of Minute Maid's new "Doin' Good" campaign, breaking today.
The four-minute video from Doner Detroit asks at least six moms and dads, "How do you think you're doing?" The parents are surprisingly candid, with one mom saying bluntly, "I failed, I think on a daily basis, to live up to my own expectations. I question if I'm doing a good job." Another parent chimes in: "I love seeing the world in their eyes, but when I can't spend time with them, I do feel like I let them down sometimes."
Then we get their kids' perspectives with a nice mix of ages, from teenagers to elementary school children. The kids write their parents letters, which are are heartfelt—several of them explain the tough experiences their parents have gone through.
Ultimately, the parents get a new perspective on how they're handling their parenting skills.
Watch it here

The idea is a fun twist off of Minute Maid's "Put good in. Get good out" slogan and is part of a broader #doingood campaign that also includes partnering with bloggers, Facebook and YouTube to distribute the video and a new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment